Leading Agile Organizations course with Pete Behrens: 11-12 of April
Day 1: Self-Leadership Agility & Catalyst Conversations
«The wise will mend their ways»
Taiichi Ohno (Toyota Production System)
The workshop kicks off with a historical perspective of human development and leadership from the nomadic, agricultural, industrial and current creative societies. We explore leadership mindset and behaviors through these historical lenses and the impact that size, complexity and the rapid pace of change has had on leadership and organizations. We introduce the Leadership Agility Maturity Model of expert, achiever and catalyst leadership to foster self-awareness of our own leadership maturity and to discover more agile thinking and behaviors. We explore the mindset and behaviors of leaders at these varying maturity levels to self-reflect on leadership traits in ourselves and others who lead us. And we discover how our brains are wired to respond to the threats of everyday work life and the cognitive response strategies required to improve decisions and outcomes. Finally, we practice a simple 5-step catalyst conversation technique to positively impact every aspect of our work (and personal) life. Through this technique, the leader will learn to turn destructive threats into constructive rewards in coaching others through self-responsibility, leading teams through self-organization, and guiding effective and sustainable organizational change. These techniques guide leaders in BEING agile over DOING Agile.
Day 2: Guiding and Growing Organizational Agility
Finally, we practice a simple 5-step V2MOM organizational change model to guide the change we need in our organizations. We learn how organizational change works, why it often fails, and we explore a model to guide effective change. A V2MOM change model creates a shared Vision, aligns the organizational Values, plans the Methods of change, identify the Obstacles to change, and guides the Measures of success.
Extending the Workshop…
Extending the two-day workshop are options to further develop your own personal leadership agility and guide your organization’s agility through assessment and coaching.
- The Leadership Agility 360 Assessment and Coaching provides a simple framework to evaluate your current leadership maturity, identify your key gaps, create a development plan and have the opportunity for a 6-month one-on-one coaching program to further develop your self-awareness and self-leadership agility.
- The Organizational Agility 360 Assessment and Coaching provides a simple engagement to expose your organization’s culture, structures and processes that align to, and/or inhibit, your organizational agility. This one-time engagement includes pre-assessment data gathering, on-site interviews and observations, and post-assessment report and follow-up. It is an excellent opportunity for newly agile and already agile organizations to navigate their journey toward improved delivery and agility.
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for both senior-level leaders working within organizations and experienced enterprise agile coaches who engage with agile organizations.
- Organizational leaders seeking to transition into or improve your company’s agility
- Enterprise Agile coaches working across one or multiple teams and seeking to impact the broader organization
- HR or OD professionals seeking to leverage agility in your leadership review & training programs
Why this workshop?
While there has been tremendous growth in scaling frameworks, there continues to be a need for strong agile leaders with an ability to catalyze organizational maturity and drive healthy organizational change. Scaling frameworks are excellent for particular organizational cultures — this workshop goes behind the frameworks and explores core leadership competencies and organizational patterns that can assist with the implementation of an existing framework, or creation of your own framework, for agile maturity and growth.
The rates for the class
*Includes: two days of class attendance for one person, handouts, meals.
*Does not include main conference program (April/8-9).
- If you are a conference attendee your rate is 600 EUR
- If you are not attending conference your rate is 700 EUR
This is an advanced class. Prior experience is required.
We reserve the right to decline your application if no evidence of relevant experience is provided. In that case, we will get back in touch with you for clarification.
If you have any agile certifications above basic level (like CSP), please, list those as well, it may help your application.